Monday 28 May 2012

Something old < SOMETHING NEW

Summer is upon us at last - if this current heat wave is anything to go by! Tis the season of barbecues, beer gardens and the dreaded wedding invites.

I myself have racked up an impressive three this year which means not only must I fork out for gifts and expensive hotel drinks, but I must of course buy new outfits.

The best advice I can give is to buy a nice bottom half (trousers or the current fashionable long skirts) as you can then purchase a couple of plain (and cheap) tops and accessories to make each outfit look new. This can also be done with plain dresses.

If, however, you want to show off to the happy couple and their 100 guests how successful and rich you are then you must of course buy a new outfit for each wedding. Its unwritten wedding law - especially since the intrusion, I mean creation, of Facebook.

The best brand for wedding attire this season is undoubtedly French Connection. They have dresses for the lucky sods who have received ceremony and evening invites and need an all encompassing outfit that can go from respectable at the church, to comfortable at the dinner, to show stopping on the dance floor.

They also have a wide variety of outfits for the rest of us who have received three 'evening invitations' and can have the ability to go as raunchy as we please because we're not wanted till 7.30pm.

I've compiled a few of my favourite dresses for each situation below and I'm sure you'll fall for them as much as I did. As it should be, they are beautiful dresses with beautiful names... just ignore the price tag.


Best friends, otherwise known as all day guests

Garden Flowers £285
Over the Edge £140
Rebecca Beads £140
Spell on You £150























Acquaintances, otherwise known as evening guests

The Sparkle Hour £160
Elisa Beading £170
Rainbow £200
Electric Circus £195












2 comments:

  1. Lovely dresses, especially the Rebecca beads. Is a shame about the prices but I'd buy one if I could afford to as they are quite timeless x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the Rebecca dress would be perfect for a wedding! Maybe one day we'll have a wardrobe full of dresses like this *fingers crossed* MJ x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...